Before importing, it is necessary that the entrepreneur seeks the necessary information for decision making. Besides time, the entry into a new business demands investment and it comes with risks. The feasibility analysis of import aims to make a preliminary survey of information such as taxes, administrative treatment, competition and logistics analysis which will enable a complete envision of the business environment scenario within the systematic of import.
The results presented will enable the decision making of the entrepreneur regarding the import process.
Objective: Study of the feasibility of import, analyzing some points as logistics, costs, taxes, entry barriers, import statistics, product requirements, and others.
Premises: information about the product (description and tax classification) and business needs. Estimated demand and prediction of imports.
Development of an import project comprising the following information:
Target Audience: Companies that already operate or intend to operate in import.
Analysis of product data
- Description in English and / or Spanish;
- Tax classification, weight and volume;
- Analysis of demand.
Analysis of the macro environment
- Analysis of business segment of the importing company;
- Trade barriers – segment; Entry Barriers – segment;
- Trade Balance – segment;
- Aspects of the market facilitators;
- Restrictive aspects of the market.
- Analysis of supply markets;
- Origin of Brazilian imports;
- Imported quantities and unit prices;
- Modal used and customs’ destination.
- Analysis of rates;
- Analysis of the tax classification (HS Code);
- Administrative processing;
- Account Analysis.
- Elaborate the import cost spreadsheet;
- Simulation of dollar possible scenarios;
- Economic lot;
- Minimum orders;
- Analysis of cost per modal.
- Cargo consolidation in origin;
- Pre-shipment service;
- Analysis of the use of secondary zone (Dry Port);
- Cost x benefit of modal types;
- SWOT Analysis: Opportunities, Threats, Strengths; Neutral points.
- Direct Import;
- Indirect Import.
Conclusion - Analysis of the viability of the import project.